The Epic Ramayana, an asset to Indian Culture and Scripture, takes a considerable amount of time in one’s life to unravel the hidden significance of the historical characters and events depicted in it.
Don’t Worry! Hindutav is going to make your life a little easy today and save your precise time by unraveling some quite significant and intriguing yet less known facts that even our forefathers did not tell us in their gospels.
The Ramayana shows Lord Rama’s presence in Punjab, Haryana, Sindh and Afghanistan but due to the difficulty of deciphering Indus writing, Rama’s presence in the Indus area remains unknown.
We know only a little about the vastness of Lord Rama. Today we will learn a little more.
Here are a few of the lesser known facts about lord Rama:
1. Everyone knows it was Manthara on whose advice Kaikeyi acted and sought for Rama’s.But the lesser known fact is, He once playfully hit Manthara’s hunch back with His play toy and that Manthara eventually sought revenge through Kaikeyi.
Image Courtesy: lokchetna.com
2. When Sri Rama and Seetha were dwelling in the forest, they had a swimming race and Lakshmana was the referee. Seetha came out the winner in the end.But it was Rama who was initially winning the race. When He realized She would unable to keep up with His speed or exceed it, He willingly slowed down to let Her pass Him and finish first. Later He told his brother that He always wanted to see Her win and be happy.
Image Courtesy: smilemakerkrishna.blogspot.com
3. When Sugriva was sending his army in all directions to search for Seetha, Hanuman, a brahmachari, was sitting lost in thoughts in a corner, thinking it is not proper for a Prince to be thus concerned by sorrow for a woman. Rama wanted Him to realize how precious was Seetha by making Him meet Her first. Hence Rama chose Hanuman to depart in search of Seetha.
Image Curtsey: smilemakerkrishna.blogspot.com
4. One day, Yama came in disguise of a Rishi in order to sought to meet Rama in private. But He put in a condition that anybody who intrudes their privacy should be given a death sentence. Lakshmana was given the task of managing the gates during their discussion. But unfortunately, Rishi Durvasa arrived then to meet Rama and demanded that He be let in at once or He threatened to destroy the entire city of Ayodhya. Lakshmana decided to accept the death sentence than to let the city get destroyed. Hence He entered Sri Rama’s chamber which made Rama to give death sentence to His beloved Lakshmana, but Sage Vashishta then advised Rama that disowning a loved one is equivalent to a death sentence. So Lord Rama decided to disown Lakshmana who eventually left Him to depart for Vaikunta.
5.Everyone knows when Rama left for Vaikunta, He took each and every one from Ayodhya along with Him. But the city then had to be repopulated by His heirs before assuming kingship.
Image Curtsey: lokchetna.com
6. The Death of Lord Rama – Rama would not die as Hanuman wouldnot allow Yama to enter Ayodhya in order to claim Rama. To divert Hanuman’s attention Rama dropped his ring through a crack in the floor and sent Hanuman to fetch it back for him. After going down Hanuman reached the land of serpents and asked the King for Rama’s ring. The king showed Hanuman a vault filled with rings all of which were Rama’s. He told a shocked Hanuman that when in the cycle of time a Rama is to die he drops a ring down the crack so that a Hanuman can be diverted from his guard.
Image Curtsey: savita92.wordpress.com
7. Lord Rama granted Jambavantha a wish after being pleased with his help during the battle with Ravana, Jambavantha took the opportunity to express his wish to fight Lord Rama in a duel. Lord Rama promised to fight him, but not as Rama. Later in Dwapara Yuga Krishna fought Jambavantha in a duel and defeated him only to make him realize that it was Lord Rama who in Krishna’s form defeated him.
Image Curtsey: www.craftycristian.com
8.Vashishta Maharshi the guru of Raghu dynasty named Rama. He explained that the name ‘Rama’ is made up of two beeja aksharas (alphabetical seeds): Agni beeja (Ra) and Amrutha beeja (Ma). Agni beeja energizes the soul, body and mind while Amrutha beeja rejuvenises the prana Shakti (life force) in all the body.
Image Curtsey: smilemakerkrishna.blogspot.com
- While Lord Rama and his brother Lakshman were searching for Seetha in the dense forest, They came across a demon, Kambadh whom they killed who had become a demon due to a curse. When Lord Rama burnt his dead body, his soul was relived after serving his sentence from the curse and He told him to be friend with Sugreev. Later on we find them in companionship thereby transforming Lord Rama’s advice into actions.
- When the battle between Rama and Raavan was being fought, Indra Dev as a token of gift, had sent his magical cart for Rama. Eventually Lord Rama sitting in that cart had killed Raavan.It is said that the magical cart was Rama’s lucky charm.
Image Curtsey: sirydocs.blogspot.com
- It is believed that Rama left the earth by taking the jala samadhi in the Sarayu River, when Seetha is taken back by her mother earth Bhoodevi. When Seetha could not bear yet another test to prove her innocence, she requests the Goddess of Earth to take her back from where she came. The Goddess parts the earth into two and Seetha is taken back, while her son Kush resists her by holding his mother. Later Kush being disappointed with losing his mother also follows her. Rama feels it is beyond the limits to lose his beloved wife, so He ends his human life on earth to reach Lord Vishnu in Sarayu River.
Image Curtsey: www.indianetzone.com
- As per Sri Ramcharit Manas, during Seetha’s swayamvar, Parshuram had come, but according to Ramayana, when Lord Rama was returning to Ayodhya after marrying Seetha, that time Parshuram had come.
- When Lakshman came to know about Lord Rama being asked to go on exile, he was very agitated and in fury asked Rama to fight with his own father and win the throne. But He was pacified down only after when Rama explained him the situation and showed him the glimpse of future.
- After killing Vali, Lord Rama made a prophecy that Vali would have his revenge in his next birth. Indeed Vali was reborn as Jara, the hunter who was the cause of death of Krishna who shooting him on His feet.
Image Curtsey: ritsin.com
- Last but Very Interesting Fact Is When Lord Rama Went To Exile He Was 27 Years Old which Implies That When He Returned To Ayoudha He Was 41 Years Of Age.In Most Scriptures Details About God And Goddess’s Age Are Rare To Find.
Thank You For Your Interest And Patience.Hope You All Found It Interesting And Intriguing.
To Enrich Your Spiritual Knowledge About Hinduism, Keep Visiting Our Blog.
Share Among Friends And Family.Jai Sri Rama.